Thursday, February 27, 2020

Sleepless in Arkansas

Oh how the changes and unexpected continues to surprise me.  Tuesday night this week daddy went to sleep at 8:10 pm and literally up at 10:30 pm fully dressed, bed made, and watching TV.  He never went back to sleep the entire night.  Around 4:30 am I realized he was up and dressed, including his coat, I jumped up and quickly showered and got ready for work.  I turned on the hallway light and he immediately opened his door and we started our morning routine with breakfast, meds, and eye drops.  After his drops he started hallucinating, thinking someone was standing by him and then he thought someone else was there with a bat.  He then went sound asleep.  I took this chance to move the car over to the larger side of the garage, loaded all our stuff up, and doing my walk through before leaving to drop him off and head to work.  I came back into the living room where he was still napping in his chair and I rubbed his arm and said, "Daddy".  He didn't move.  I couldn't even tell if he was breathing.  It took me 3 times getting a bit louder each time to wake him up.  I thought he died right there in the chair for a moment.  It scared me to death, but he got up and we got in the car.  Dawn, one of my sisters, called on the way to Pace and his conversation really didn't make a lot of sense.  He had a hard time finding his words or completing sentences.  So sad.
I suggested to Eric at Pace that he might want to find him a quiet spot so he could nap.  He rested his eyes a little, but never really napped. 
We got home around 4:15 yesterday and he got his snack and I kept him engaged in conversation until Tebo could get home and then we had dinner.  I gave him a glass of wine with dinner and we cleaned up the kitchen and I was able to keep him up until 8:00 pm.  He went to bed and wasn't real nasty like he has been lately, so that was nice.  This morning, Thursday, I had to wake him up at 6:30 am.  Cracks me up!  There is no figuring out his schedule (or lack thereof).
You've got to find the funny wherever you can with this dreadful disease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment