Monday, February 3, 2020

Bad moments

With Alzheimer's there are good moments and there are bad moments.  Last night, Feb. 2, 2020, Super Bowl Sunday we had one of the bad moments.  Daddy had been really good all day.  He helped Tebo clean up the patio, filled the bird feeders, and took the trash out for him.  He seemed to enjoy all of that.  We had an early dinner and that went well, but suddenly after dinner and I got the kitchen cleaned up I simply said, daddy, it's 71 degrees outside, it might be nice to get some fresh air and sit on the patio with us.  Well, who knew that would set him off, but it did.  He said you keep on and I will knock your feet right out from under you!  I said, Daddy, don't be an ass (yes, I did say that as a reaction that now I wish I hadn't done).  He said I'm just saying.  Well, Tebo heard enough to know something was wrong and I just told him (in front of daddy) that he has to stop threatening me because it's not right.  Daddy said, I figured that out.  I looked at daddy and just said, not cool, not cool daddy.  He said I know. 
I dropped it at that point and said nothing more and acted and treated him as normal.  I helped him get his shower and sat inside with him after his shower so he wouldn't be alone.  Once he got his meds and drops I told him his bed was ready whenever he was and of course he was ready.  That was fine, because honestly I was kind of ready myself for him to go to bed.  I helped him to bed and tucked him in like every other night and he said, I'm sorry I was a butt-head tonight.  I said that's ok, sometimes you have bad evenings or moments.  I said I love you and I will see you in the morning.  He said it back and that was that.
He got up this morning and was very sweet and hugged me first thing.  I got his breakfast, medicine, and drops done and off we went to Pace. 
Tonight could be interesting as I have to get my hair cut after picking him up, but I have packed him a snack, his "vitamins", and bottled water and I made the appointment just for a trim so we wouldn't have to be there long and then off to the house we will go.
I asked Tebo to pick up sandwiches or something on the way home so he won't have to wait or get back out tonight.  Hopefully that will help his evening go better than expected.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment