Friday, March 11, 2016

All to get to you



Funny how I thought I knew what I wanted and needed in high school. I was in love with my high school sweetheart and just knew we would get married and be together forever. Well, that turned out not to be the case. 
To escape the heartache I rushed into a marriage that while horrible things took place and heartache happened the most amazing blessing came out of that, Chad.  After being told I would most likely not have children and to be blessed with the most amazing little man made me feel like I was far blessed than I deserved. 
Again to escape from yet another disaster I rushed again into another marriage and this was like jumping into a real life nightmare. I will spare you all the details but I now know I went through all those relationships to find my way to you, Tebo. 
The Lord really does know what he is doing (although there were many times in my life I wondered). 
HE knew there would be a day that he would call my baby boy home to heaven far sooner than I thought was fair and I definitely was not and still not ready. HE knew I would go through some really scary health issues and I would need you for all this. 
I'm so grateful you and I went through the relationships we went through. They gave us our children and made us who we were when we met. 
All we both went through have made us better spouses to each other. 
I would have never wished or wanted the heartaches we both experienced, but I now wouldn't trade them for anything as they molded us to be perfect for each other. 
I can't imagine living this journey we call life with anyone else. You truly are my rock, my best friend, and the love of my life. 
I hope I can show you how much you mean to me and how appreciated you are. If I ever fail to do that I hope you or someone reminds me quickly. 
Thank you Babe for everything. You have had to help me far more than most husbands are challenged with and you have done it not only with amazing grace but with an unwavering love.  I only hope all woman know what this kind of love is like in their lifetime. You were and are worth the wait and any heartache I had to go through to get to you. ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment