Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Attitudes...

When did it become ok for people to treat other people like they don't matter and they don't have feelings?  Weren't most people taught to treat others like you would like to be treated?  I know for me and my family, that's what we were raised with.
I get really tired of feeling like others have a right to do as they please with no regard to how that may or may not inconvenience others.  I just do not get it and I guess I never will. 
I challenge everyone to stop and think about how either you deliver information or react to information.  I am the first person to admit that I'm not always the best at reacting when people do or say something hurtful or with little regard for me or my time, but I try my best, but I swear, there are those people out there that just don't think about anything or anyone but themselves.  How do you live with that?  How do you really think you have the right to be that way towards other people?
I guess we live in a very selfish world and that makes me sad.  I guess I could just live that way as well, but to me that is very hard to do.  I try to be as considerate of others as I possibly can and I do try very hard to never intentionally be rude or disrespectful to others, but I swear it feels like others go through this world thinking they are above having to do that and can just do what they want and if things aren't convenient for them they let everyone around them know that's how they feel.  Really?  Who or what gives you the right to live your life that way?  To add to that confusion I have with this, what really makes me crazy is there are many of those same people that talking about God and church and being Christians and yet you think this attitude and behavior is ok.  That is definitely the one thing I will never understand and for those around you that are not Christians, think of the witness or lack there of you are sending their way.
It seems simple to me.  This world would be a better place and lives would be a bit happier if we all just treated others with respect and were considerate of others.  Can't we just get back to that?

No comments:

Post a Comment