Thursday, June 24, 2021

Three Hundred Sixty Five Days

Well, it's been a full year since you were here on this earth. Some days it feels like forever and other days it feels like yesterday. You are missed every minute. There are some days that are harder than others, but having your last day on earth so close to Father's Day seems to make this day a bit more bittersweet. It's a bit hard to truly explain, so I won't even try. Instead, I will just brag on you just a bit. You were one of the happiest man I believe I've ever known. You just didn't let much get to you and as you got older if you did get irritated, all you had to do is call one of the girls and vent and then you were good to go. I just loved that about you. You were a hard worker, but more than that, you were quick to drop whatever you were doing to help anyone that needed it. You loved your family, all of your family. You loved your friends. You loved the ladies. LOL! You were such a social butterfly. I wish I had gotten more of that from you than I did. I didn't get much of that from you. I do believe I got a lot of your traits, but the social piece, not so much, but that's okay. I needed to share some of your traits with the other girls. :) Speaking of your girls. I don't know another daddy that loved his girls quite as much as you did. Your "Stable" as you would refer to us at times were your pride and joy. You loved the boys too, we know that, but us girls is where you really shined. We took care of you and checked on you and made sure that you knew we loved you and we did/do. You loved the Lord and you were loved and respected by all. You never met a stranger and every child that met you called you Bobo. I love that about you. You were the best daddy. You were the greatest Bobo. Lord, did Chad love you. I do not remember one time talking to Chad that he didn't tell me to make sure you were okay so that you were here when he got back from deployment. He was especially worried when he left for Iraq, because he wanted to be sure you were healthy and well enough to be his best man at his wedding. I thought I would go crazy making sure you were taking care of yourself and going to all your appointments and taking all your medication so I could keep my promise to Chad. Sometimes you could be a lot of work. LOL! Oh, and I would be really selling you short if I didn't mention how much you loved animals. Some times we felt like you treated them better than you treated us kids growing up. Heheheheheheee. You did love animals and animals loved you (well, except Fran the Racoon). We all love you so much and miss you so much. I'm doing my best to keep my promise I made to you to keep the family together and for the most part I think we are doing okay or at the very least, like it was. I'm hoping over time things get better, but right now things seem to be a little off kilter if you will. Mostly I believe it's due to just a lot going on with everyone. That's my hope anyway, but regardless, I will continue to do my best to keep that promise. Until then, just know that we are all doing our best to navigate life as we know it right now and we are figuring it out (I think). We miss our call time with you and while there were times you could be "Walter", we loved "Walter" too. You definitely left a lasting impression on every person you ever met and honestly had we not been in the midst of a pandemic when you passed it would have been standing room only at your funeral. There were so many people that wanted to be here for you. You are missed and loved by so many. You truly were not only a freaking genius, but also a legend in your own time. We love and miss you daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment