Monday, July 12, 2021

Family Vacation

What a great time. Tebo and I found ourselves in Charleston for 4 days with Paige, Rodney, Jorden and Cohen for 4 days and then stayed on for another 3 days by ourselves downtown and just had a great realxing time. We just chilled and hung out at the air bnb we got. The guys went fishing Monday morning and us girls and Cohen hung out. We worked with our little nugget on learning to crawl and he was just the perfect little 7 month old. I've never seen a 7 month old be so good on vacation. He couldn't have been a better little man. I was so proud of him. Really I'm so proud of Jorden for teaching him so well. It starts there for sure. We went to the beach two days while we were there. I have to say, Cohen wasn't a huge fan of the beach or the ocean, but I'm thinking our next trip, he will be all about it. I can't wait for that. Especially since the Monday after we got back home that little stinker not only start crawling like a pro, but he also immediately started pulling up and even took a step to straighten himself up. I swear I believe he is a baby genius. We had lots of laughter and fun. We talked, danced, ate, had cocktails and just enjoyed time together. It was just a wonderful fun filled time just being together. Once Paige and team left on Wednesday after we had brunch, Tebo and I headed for downtown and checked into our hotel and unpacked and started exploring downtown Charleston. It was wonderful. It was hot and humid (not that I minded), but it was wonderful. The homes and history of it all was facinating. I loved it. We had so many recommendations of places to eat. We made reservations as soon as we confirmed we were going at this place called Husk. Apparently they are so hard to get into that you usually have to get reservations a year out, but thanks to COVID we were able to get reservations when he called. I have to say, while the food was good, we had better food at CRU Cafe. Tebo had a steak and he said his steak at a Chop House in Greenville that we ate at end of May was far better. My meal (pork dish) was very good, but I'm not a huge foodie, so I could really care less. We also ate at Muse and that was good. We really enjoyed everywhere we ate and the cocktails we had were wonderful. When we ate as Husk we (well I) got dressed up and made a big night of it. I enjoyed that part. I like making a special night of things once in a while. I don't have to do that all the time, but once in a while it's just kind of nice. That night was very nice. What really made it nice is that he really liked my dress and that made me feel so great. He made me feel so pretty and that always feels special. At that point I didn't care if we ate at a food truck (okay, maybe I wouldn't have liked that so much since they kind of freak me out), but regardless, I wouldn't have cared where we went, I felt special and pretty thanks to him. We were ready for our own bed once we got home, but we weren't ready to leave Charleston and get back to reality. The good thing is we had Monday off so we had two days to rest up and get laundry done and check on the land before hitting work again. That was nice. It's our hope that we will be able to have a family vacation like this annually and while it would be great to go to different place each year we will be limited because Rodney won't fly and we have to be considerate of Jorden traveling with Cohen so it will likely need to be around Charleston, but we do want to find a house on the beach next time. However, a house on the beach is proving to be a bit more expensive, but the search continues. Maybe since we have a year to plan we will get lucky. Fingers crossed. I would love for this to be something that can become a new tradition that we do each year and just create memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment