Monday, May 3, 2021

Is it possible?

Is it possible to run out of tears? I have to wonder, because if it is possible, i have to wonder, how long does it take? Even if I'm not outwardly crying tears, trust me, they are falling. I feel like I'm crying 24/7 365 either on the inside or on the outside, but either way, there are tears being shed. I was just sitting hear working and had to fill out some paperwork for Chad and found myself tearing up yet again and just wondered, is it ever possible to run out of tears? I assume not since it's been 10 1/2 years and 2 days since you left this earth and yet they still fall. So if it is possible to run out, they sure do have a long shelf life. There are probably people out there that think, really? After all this time you still cry just hearing a song or filling out paperwork? Well, no, that's not the only reason, sometimes I cry just seeing your picture or thinking about you or just waking up in the mornings (or in the middle of the night). Sometimes just breathing can cause tears to flow. It doesn't have to be "anything" to cause the tears, they are just always right there waiting to fall. There are times I am able to keep them inside and there are other times that no matter how hard I try they fall regardless. Trust me, I try very hard every single day to keep them inside and most days I do really well at this, but there are days that regardless how hard I try, the tears are stronger than I am. I'm not sure how that happens, but it does. We are creeping up on what would have been your 33rd birthday (yes that seems utterly impossible) and I cannot help but wonder what you would be doing or if you would have ever been able to grow a real grown up mustache or beard LOL! (sorry buddy, but that one you tried in Afghanistan even you have to admit was pretty sad/funny) I wonder if you would have pursued the police academy or taken a different path. Tebo and I watch the Texas Game Warden show a lot and we both can't help but think that would have been you and Clint's dream job and you would have both loved it. There is just so much that people don't realize that when you bury your child that you miss out on. They seem to take for granted when they get to see them graduate, get married, have children, start a career, etc. how exciting that would be. Yes, seeing all that does bring worry as well, but you are watching them grow and you get to touch them and love on them. I miss that. I miss you. I don't know if it is possible to run out of tears, but I'm guessing if it is, I might be one of the first people to find out since I shed so many all the time. I can't help myself. I try not to, but I fail miserably every day. Most days I do a good job of hiding it from most people, but they are there, always. I'm not sure how I continue doing life each day, but somehow and for some reason I do and I guess until the Lord decides I've handled enough and paid enough dues with enough tears I guess I will keep on doing life. Just know that with every tear that I do shed it's because you are loved and missed so much that the explosion of missing all that just shows itself in the form of salty tears. I love you son.

No comments:

Post a Comment