Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Unconditioal Love

When we get married we are supposed to have unconditional love and love for better or worse, richer or poorer.  My husband has had to display so much unconditional love over our almost 14 1/2 years of marriage (and 4 1/2 years prior).
One of the first things he told me after we were married is that at the time he knew he was #4 on my list.  "The List" as he called it went like this:
1. Chad
2. Daddy
3. Grandmother
4. Tebo
Well, I don't know it I would have agreed 100% or not, but it didn't take long after we were married for that list to shrink some.  Shortly after getting married I lost my grandmother.  Someone that was so close and dear to me.  I was heartbroken to say the very least.  There he was, right there.  Without hesitation he was just there for whatever I needed or space I needed, it just didn't matter.  I used to call grandmother every Saturday even in the nursing home and any time anything with Chad happened, she was the second person I called.  Of course daddy had to be the first.  I will never forget within a week or so of grandmother passing away Chad had something going on and without thinking I told Tebo I needed to call grandmother.  I just burst into tears at that very moment.  I can truly say there are very few to no days that pass that I don't think of her. 
Then the unthinkable happened.  I lost my Chadman.  I truly do not know how I could or if I could have gotten this far without him.  He has loved me through the worse loss a parent could ever go through and he has steadfast without wavering.  I will forever be grateful for this love he continues to show me every moment of every day, because without his love and him I couldn't do this life right now.  This much I know.
He has gone an extra step, as if this wasn't and isn't enough.  He was gracious enough to accept the fact that we needed to do our part in taking care of daddy and he supported and encouraged daddy moving in with us full time.  We moved daddy in Sept. 1, 2019 and it has truly seemed like I've been juggling two full time jobs at times.  I wouldn't trade this opportunity to help him for anything in this world, but it is definitely not for the faint of heart.  We have entered the 8th month of all 3 of us under the same roof and honestly, outside some rough days, it hasn't been too bad.  It has definitely changed our lives in a big way for sure.  However, thanks to COVID 19, our world changed drastically anyway.  It's actually felt like a blessing in a way to be here with daddy every day because I feel like his time on this earth is likely shorter than most of us would like to think and I will look back and be so grateful to have this time with him every day.  Trust me, some days are easier than others and I'm still working full time (just at home), but it's been nice to be the one with him all day rather than taking him to Pace and then home again.  I've enjoyed that part.
We don't know what the future holds for us with daddy or how long he will be with us, but while he is here we will continue to care for him and do the best we can for him.
I couldn't do any of this the way I am able to without Tebo.  he can say he is number 2 all day long, but to me, he is definitely my #1 for now and forever.  I love you babe (even though he will never read this because there are too many words for him to mess with).   You have my whole heart.
















No comments:

Post a Comment