Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Oh Face Book!

Well, it happened.  I finally really lost my mind.  I decided it would be a good idea to help daddy get a Face Book page set up so he could stay connected with family and friends and to keep his mind busy and exercised a little besides just watching "Heartland".  Yes, Heartland is a great show and I love it, BUT!  When you see each episode 1,400 times and he sees them all with you, but each time is the first time he has seen it, it makes it very difficult to listen to it all day every day.  So, yes, FB might have been a little selfish on my side to have a change in what I hear, but I do think he could always gain from working his little brain and seeing familiar faces is always good for the mind, body, and soul.
However, have you ever met someone that didn't even know how to work a mouse?  I was worried for a moment there that he would try to find a mouse trap and hook it up.  LOL!  He is a hoot.  He did love seeing pictures of family and friends he hasn't seen in person in a very long time.  He hasn't grasped the concept of it yet and he cannot navigate to different scenes, but I set up his home office next to mine (since we are working from home due to COVID 19) so I can help him as he gets used to it.  He is amazed at all the people he can see.  He has been cracking me up. 
Honestly, his interested lasted maybe 10 minutes and he said he was tired and sat in his chair and literally dosed off.  Luckily it was close to lunch time so I made him some chicken noodle soup with crackers and he ate then off to bed for a nap. 
I am hoping an afternoon nap will help "Walter" stay away tonight.  Last night was NOT a good night to say the very least.  He was hurtful and mean, but lucky for me he can usually only stay up until about 8:00 pm so 8:00 straight up he went to bed and I may or may not have done a happy dance down the hall back to the living room.  (oops)
We will see how the whole Face Book thing goes and if it gives him a little happiness and connection then I will call it a success.  I never want him to feel lonely and miss people and he is such a social butterfly (or hornet depending on the day) so hopefully this will help with some of that.
Now, as long as folks don't get upset that he doesn't interact back and forth with them we are golden, but if he can't work the mouse very well yet can you imagine him trying to type a reply.  LOL....  I tried showing him how to like things, but that proved to be a bit more of a feat than I expected.  That might be a weekend training step.  Ha!  We shall see.
Who knows, maybe I will be able to teach this old dog a new trick or two.  Only time will tell.  However, after his nap today he may never want to look at it again.  It's a crap shoot regardless what it is.  LOL!
I guess you just have to love Dementia and Alzheimer's huh?  Ugh.

Here are a couple of photos of our initial introduction to Face Book.  Face Book world, look out!  You have a new user on board and it could go in many directions and that could be changing by the hour.  Heheheheheheheheheee
He's trying to figure out how this "mouse think" works  LOL

We have our work stations all set up for working from home during COVID 19
 



No comments:

Post a Comment