Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Little things

I'm not sure I have never "not" heard, it's the little things that matter. Of course they matter, but even making sure we appreciate and recognize the little things, what happened to paying attention to the every day and big things. First and foremost, I love my husand and my family and my extended family. Truly, this love goes so deep for each and everyone of them. What get frustrating is when you are facing the hard stuff is when you need to lean on those people that you love deeply and know they will be there even if for emotional support. I'm learning there are very differnt people when facing difficulty/scary/tough times. You have those that draw closer to each other and are just there "with" each other no matter what. Then you have those people who tend to lash out during these times and actually fight about anything and everything, all of which are so minor given the situation you may find yourself in. This same mentality should, but doesn't appear to be the case in this what feels like a crazy life we are living in right now all across our country. It makes me extremely sad to see how the state of our country is at this time. The USA is supposed to be the greatest place to live in freedom and ability to have free speech, but as a lot of people say "nothing is free". Well, that tends to hold truth even in the times we live in today. In your work place they may say "say it in the room". Well my experience in that is only say it in the room if it is what they want to hear. Well, that is hyprocy at it's best in my opnion. In your family life you might be explaining something painful/hurtful to or for you and your family and/spouse or even closest friends may listen while you are talking, but are they really hearing what you are saying? I would say the later is likely more the case and that is sad. We as a people and US Americans need to find a way to be there not only for our family and friends, but for our fellow Americans. I don't see that like I did during 9/11. How sad is that. Now versus coming together we have one group of peoplep protesting peacefully and then you have another group of people usuing this as an excuse to just be violent and put innocent people, including our service memebers at risk and/or death. That is not okay. We have got to find a way to come together as a country, but personally we need to be able to support and love our loved ones especially when facing something servious and devastating. Yes, I may be on a bit of a soap box, but I'm so tired of seeing people I love and care for being treated ugly and quite frankly either adding to that ugliness or being ugly right back. This is not the time people! We cannot contril what other people do, but we most certainly control the way we react and respond to what people may or may not have done. Here's a novel idea, spread some good where ever you go and if you are hit with devastating news or treated less than how you would like to be treated, how about we learn to either have a positive response or walk away. Take the higher road people. We have today, we may not have tomorrow. Is that how you would want to leave this world with regret or bitterness in your heart? I know I sure don't. What a terrible thing to think about as we think about our furture.

No comments:

Post a Comment