Tuesday, November 12, 2019

WHY?

I know, you aren't really supposed to ask why, but good grief!  Why does it seem like some people can't catch a freaking break?  I get that the Lord allows us to experience trails and tribulations for a reason and we may never know that reason until we get to heaven and let's face it, by then we won't care.
However, that doesn't change the fact that you have so many good people out there fighting fights that feel impossible to win, but you know they will and then you add insult to injury by adding additional hardship.  Why?
Why do parents lose children, why do young people get cancer, why do some people that may not be living the best life seem to just breeze through life always come out smelling like a rose and those trying to do right can't seem to catch a break.
I don't know the answers to any of this and the good Lord knows I wish I did, but that's not possible.
What I do know is if you know someone or have a loved one going through trials and tribulations and can't seem to catch a break do something.  It doesn't have to be much.  Maybe just a card or a letter or phone call or text that  you are thinking of them.  Even if you can't physically do something for them or be there, at least reach out however you can and let them know they are not alone.


Right now I have a sister battling breast cancer and she is only 50 years old.  While that is older than my youngest sister who battled and won her fight against breast cancer in her 30's, it still sucks.  It seems like if it's not one thing going on with them it's another and it's not just her or them personally, it's loved ones around them that are feeling impacts of what feels like injustice.  I know they will come through all this stronger and better than when they started, but please Lord, look down and have mercy on my sister and her family.  Surround them all in peace and comfort and show them the light is near for this journey to come to an end.
I know there is likely a lesson to be learned somewhere in all this, but it sure would be nice if they could catch a break at some point and soon. 


Thank you Lord Jesus and I truly am trying not to ask WHY, but today is a hard day and I'm struggling not asking that question.  I lay it in your hands. 
















Braving Chemo along Selfie ---  You've got this sis!



No comments:

Post a Comment