Sunday, January 26, 2020

OMG Becky!   I’ve always heard that the older people get the less of a filter they have.  Well, my father pretty much takes the case with this and honestly I’m finding it harder and harder to take without saying something to him.  The only problem with me saying something to him is the fact that he has Dementia and Alzheimer’s so I would just have to repeat it every day and likely multiple times every day.
His biggest thing is people and them being over weight.  It’s not like he is super tiny.  He may not be “over weight” but he could stand to move his weight around, but he is rude and relentless with it.  It’s been especially hard lately because he constantly says something about Tebo’s weight and size and sometimes it’s right in front of him.
Today I had heard enough and while folding laundry he made a comment that the shirt I had must be TEBO’s because it would swallow him up.  I said daddy would you please stop talking about his size and weight.  I said he is 6’ tall and solid muscle.  Yes, could he drop some weight, yes, but who couldn’t (my father included). Of course in daddy fashion he tries to say he was joking and didn’t mean anything by it.  Well, STOP FREAKING DOING IT!   Now I know with this horrible disease it will only get worse and not better but I had to vent to get it off my chest before I scream or say something to him I will regret.
Then, if that wasn’t enough we are watching the live for the Grammy countdown and of course artist dress all kind of ways and from every race and sizes.  Well you guessed it, he has said something negative or derogatory about them all.  I was ready to change the subject and he dozed off and as soon as he woke again it’s like he never missed a beat and started right back at it.  UGH!
Dear Lord, grant me the patience to look past this and never disrespect my daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment