Sunday, February 25, 2018

Another Move


Dear Chad,
Well, we have moved again. ๐Ÿ˜”  I've struggled for some reason with this move.  I can't explain why, I just have.  However, it's starting to finally feel like home.  Tebo has done a great job of just allowing me to take the time I needed in order to feel at home here and that's helped tremendously.

You would love it.  It's almost a full acre with great trees in both the front and back yards.  There is this special perk you would have here....  DEER! (no you would not be able to shoot them).  ๐Ÿ˜‚
They even come right in the yard, but typically you will see them walking down the streets and in neighbors' yards.  Around Christmas one actually ran through a neighbor's yard taking out most of the decorations.  LOL. I have to say, that didn't break my heart (it was seriously the Griswold yard).

So I will describe the house best I can, but the pictures should help.  It is a 2 story home with the master bedroom downstairs and all other rooms upstairs.  I was a bit disappointed in not having another bedroom downstairs, but should we ever need it the office downstairs has a closet (although not a great one).  We liked having the extra room downstairs for parents, but this one just didn't have that option.  It is a very nice open concept in the main living space and kitchen is very nice and feels homey.  It has double front doors and I really like that.  The office is nice as well especially with the closet because we can keep all the Wings for Our Troops stuff in there and I'm not having to take other closet space for that.  I do really like that.  It also has french doors going out to the front porch which is nice.  The kitchen is really nice.  It not only has a huge island, but it has the no divide sink in it that I've been wanting badly and it hasn't disappointed.  I think even Tebo is starting to appreciate it like I do (that's just an added bonus).  Ha!

Upstairs we have a second Master bedroom (not sure why, but it does), your bedroom (which I finally got put together last weekend), another bedroom with a Jack & Jill bathroom between that room and yours.  Tia is staying in the other bedroom adjacent to yours.  Then we have a bonus room.  That room is much smaller than our last bonus room so when Tia moves out we will likely move the bonus room into Tia's room.  

The laundry room is ridiculously big.  I love it, but good grief it's large.  We have an oversized three car garage which is very nice.  At first the biggest disappointment for me was the lack of a big patio like the one we left, but it did have a deck.  The deck is huge for sure and we had it covered with a pergola over one section of it and we had the outdoor kitchen put in (although much smaller than the last one) and it actually works really well out there.  We can't stain it all until the Spring, but it is very nice.  They closed in under the deck to give us storage and not have just open space under it.  Then we had them remove the wooden spindles in the railing on the deck and replaced with cables.  It added a touch of modern to it which is very much how the inside of the house is and it allows me to sit on the deck and see the backyard.  Before the wooden spindles actually blocked my view when I was sitting (stop your laughing LOL).

We have a lot of yard work to do if Spring ever gets here, but Tebo has a ton of yard to mow now which will be very different.  I don't think he minds as he absolutely loves this lot and now, so do I.
There are only about 50 houses in the entire neighborhood and it's nicely tucked away off 112.  What's funny is it is literally on the same cul-de-sac as Kristin Allen's house that you used to mow.  How crazy is that.  The outside looks like a Craftsman style with a front porch that wraps around one side to the office.  That I really do like.  

So the funniest thing so far has been when we invited Leon "decorator" from Howse to come out and help us know how to arrange furniture and some decorating.  As much as I hate to admit it, he did have some great ideas.  Of course it cost us some money as he had us replace several pieces of furniture and add some lamps and mirrors, but as hard as it was to turn loose of that money, it has made a huge difference.  I actually think my favorite pieces now are the mirrors and the new dinning table (I can't let Tebo know that as I hated losing our other one).  Ha!  So mums the word.  

I wish you were here to see it for yourself and your room is always ready for you.  ๐Ÿ˜

The only friends of yours that have seen the house so far are Tyler & Desi and Clint & Emily.  They always make an effort to see us any time they get the chance and we love that.  Hopefully once the weather gets nicer we will start cooking outside and enjoying it more and hopefully your buddies will come enjoy it with us.  I haven't had a lot of family here yet.  BoBo, Stacy, Leckey, uncle Phil, & Dawn have seen it, but that's been it.  Life has just been crazy and the parents have been sick so that's made it even harder.  I'm hoping that will change soon.

Well, that's all right now.  I just wanted to share with you about this big move and I haven't written you in a bit.  I love you son.

Love, 

Momma Bear ๐Ÿ˜˜







No comments:

Post a Comment