Wednesday, October 7, 2020

2020 the year of COVID

What a year 2020 has turned out to be. In our lifetime we have never seen an epedemic like this where it impacted the entire world. We have been working from home since first of March (which I've loved) and looks like going back to the office will be slow and staggered and not at all look "normal" prior to March 1st. During this pandemic our daughter got engaged and then married. Our daddy passed away with Alzheimer's and Dementia. My sister completed chemo and radiation and reconstruction surgery for breast cancer. My other sister's husband was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer and started his treatments. Graduations were canceled or minimal attendence. Schools closed down, opened up and some closed back down. We lost one of Chad's buddies to a motorcycle accident and his wife was seriously injured and no one could be with her in the hospital. Many people in hospitals had to be alone from COVID treatments, to child birth, to reconstruction and other surgeries, all alone other than the nurse and doctor staffs. These essential workers have to step in and be "family" for many of these patients on top of doing their jobs. It's been a world like we have never seen before. It's been crazy, different, and scary at the same time. This is also an election year for the President of the United States. I never thought I would be living in a world like this, yet, here we all are just learning to navigate our new "normal". I'm not sure about you, but I for one am a bit tired of having to navigate new "normals". I know for me personally, I've been doing this since December 1, 2010 and I'm ready for things to really be the final new "normal" for a while. All this change and challenges are getting a bit old. One thing positive about this entire situation is I was able to spend the first of March to June 24th with daddy, literally all day every day and I am so grateful for that. I set up my home office in the living room so we were right here together all day. We ate every meal together every day and as a bonus I had my husband with us. I would rather continue to work from home every day, but I know my husband is ready to go back to the office at least part time. Me, not so much. I'm hoping it's much later than sooner for me. Hopefully that will be the case. I guess we shall see. We along with many others had to cancel vacations and still not sure we will be able to travel at Christmas or in April, but we are going to try. Life is definitely different and getting used to wearing masks on our faces any time we are not at home has been quite different and a big challenge (for me). I know things could always be worse, but I certainly don't want to imagine that right now. 2020 has definitely been a year to remember (or can't wait for it to be over and forget about it). May you and all your loved ones stay safe and healthy and only strengthen relationships along the way. God Bless the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment