Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

This was the 6th Mother's Day without him. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad. There was a void there that just cannot be filled. 
However, I'm one blessed "Bonus Mom". I have kids (yes you will all always be kids in my book) who go out of their way to make sure I feel loved and thought of each Mother's Day (and throughout the year) and for that I'm so grateful. 
This year we went to OKC to see Tebo's mom and sister and I know it did his mom's heart good to see her baby boy on her special day. What mom doesn't want to be with their kids on Mother's Day.  That's really what makes that day so special. It also gave Tebo and I some uninterrupted alone time in the truck coming back to talk and just sit in quiet while we reflect. He took me to lunch on the way back and we just enjoyed time together. That never replaced being with your kids, but I'm so lucky to have him and he just allows me to feel however I need to feel at that moment. Thank you Babe for that. 
Here are some of the sweet things I received for Mother's Day this year. 

I didn't get a picture of my new purse Tebo got me, but it was a great DB purse that makes traveling a little easier. Thank you Babe. 



   (From Tia (although she did way too much). They are adorable and the wrapping job was even better)

(From Trevor. Now, to most they would be like, what?  For me it's fabulous!  You put vinegar and water in it, place in microwave for 7 min. Wait 2 min. And wipe clean. It works!  He also got me a liner for the bottoms of the oven so when his dad cooks I don't have a huge mess to clean up). Good job Trev. 

     (From my USMC Boys!). Yes, these guys never forget and the card was even sweeter. (See below)



Then, all the text messages and phone calls and emails I received just warmed my heart. I don't need all these things, but it sure made my heart full. 
So thank you to each every one that gave me something or reached out yesterday.  It turned out to be a very nice Mother's Day. ❤️

Then I ended my day with our favorite wine.  
        (Courtesy of a very good friend)

No comments:

Post a Comment