Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"You Save Me"

I was given a tremendous honor by one of Chad's Marine buddies today.  He sent me a text saying that Kenny Chesney's song "You Save Me" reminded him of me.  I wasn't sure I knew the song, but after listening to it today I realized I had heard it before, but I never listened to the words like I did today.  WOW!  That's about all I can say about the words in that song after he said that to me. 
What these guys and Chad's high school buddies don't know is, it is them who Save Me daily.  If you get the chance to listen to this song, and I mean really listen to the words http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJ3akD8zIg
I don't consider anything I say to these young men and women as being a help to them, because it helps me more than I ever considered it helping them, but to think any of them think of me like this puts things in a completely different perspective.
I feel like I need to be saved on a daily basis and honestly, there is barely a day and certainly never a week that I don't hear from one of his buddies whether they be from school or the Marine Corps.  I can only hope and pray that any mother that has lost a child can have the support and love from so many young people like I do.  I am truly blessed in that way far above anything I deserve.
I love each and every one of these young men and woman who continually touch my heart and I'm blessed to have them in my life each and every day and for always.
Thank you guys.  You all save me every day and for that I will forever be grateful.

Our Mountain Dew Gang

Love these boys

Some of the "Nuts"

My boys

Love them

God Bless these young men

What an honor shown at both Tyler & Desi and Clint & Emily's weddings

Honoring their buddy


No comments:

Post a Comment