Thursday, November 11, 2021

Appreciation

Today is Veteran's Day. It's a day to appreciation those who have served, are serving and will serve in our armed forces. While I believe we should appreciate them and thank them everyday, I'm glad we have a special day set aside for them specifically. I think as our current President of the United States has pulled our troops out of Afghanistan out of that God foresaken country that people as a whole have forgotten that we still have wars going on around the world and our military are being over looked a bit more. That makes me sad. It's not enough to just remember them once or twice a year. We need to recognize and appreciate them each and every day. There is a saying I've seen before that we don't know them all, but we owe them all. That is so true. They don't know all of us, but they are risking their lives for all of our freedom and safety. I would challenge us all to take a moment any time you see or meet a Veteran or active service member that you thank them and let them know you appreicate their service. That's the very least we can do for these young men and women who give so much for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment