Monday, June 1, 2020

All the Feels

It's not what you think when you hear people say, this gives me all the Feels.  That statement these days seem to be more positive.  Mine are a combination of literally everything right now.
If you don't know my family or daddy is in the advanced stages of Dementia and Alzheimer's and talk about all the Feels.
There are moments when we laugh and talk and things seem somewhat "normal" (as normal as you can get with this disease).  We can take walks around the neighborhood and he will comment on homes and construction like he remembers all the aspects of building a house and the next walk he won't have a clue.  Then there are moments of hurt feelings and even anger at times because of things he might say or do that are so mean and totally not him, but I am still human and have to remind myself that it isn't him, it's this dreadful disease.  Then there is sadness that daddy has been gone for a good while and now we are just waiting on the inevitable and nothing we can to do change, stop or even slow this process.  Today is fear.  He slept last night from 8:00 pm to about 7:45 am.  I knew he wasn't quite there this morning, but I helped him get into the kitchen and have his breakfast and medicines.  He ate like a 2 year old. It was messy and he acted like he wasn't sure what he was eating or how to eat. He finished and I realized he wasn't stable enough to walk to his chair on his own so I helped him and decided to take his blood pressure.  Sitting it was 99/61 with a heart rate of 74.  I waited 15 minutes and took it standing and it was 100/61 with a heart rate of 63.  He had this far away look in his eyes so I asked if anything hurt or if his head felt weird or anything and he just sat there and said maybe sluggish.  I said how about laying on the couch for a few and see if you feel better.  This was at 8:30 am.  He is literally still asleep at 11:18 am.  I have talked to his nurse and she will call me back after the doctor is out of a patient room and determine do we cut out some blood pressure medication or what. All I want to do is cry, because I feel helpless, but more than that I know he never wanted to live like this.  He just appears hollow and has sad eyes and I hate seeing him like this.  I just pray the Lord has mercy on his soul and doesn't allow him to suffer with this disease for many more years. It's so hard and sad to watch your loved one live like this (well exist like this).  Prayers for daddy if you are reading this.




I miss this daddy. 

His last attempt to look at Face Book (he isn't a fan)

Still sleeping at 11:34 AM 6-1-20

Sleeping after breakfast 6-1-20

This morning after breakfast 6-2-20

Happy because I finally said yes to fried catfish... LOL

Channeling his inner thug self

Trying to learn Face Book (no I have no idea what I was thinking)

Leaving Dawn P's house.

"Texting" on his flip phone because Stacy & I were (trying to be funny) LOL

Wreath's Across America (2019)

At Chad's wedding (he was the best man) 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment