Friday, September 18, 2015

I needed this today

At first this morning I couldn't put my finger on why I felt more blue today than normal days and then suddenly it dawned on me.  Today would have been Chad & Katie's 6th wedding anniversary.  WOW!  My son would have been married 6 years and would be 27 years old (yes, I am far too young to have a child that old).


I often wonder if he would be a police officer now (something he always said he would be), if he would have children, if he would live close to us.  Those are things I will never know the answer to, but I do know he would be an amazing young man.  He would be loyal, kind, caring, and loving.  That's just who he was and I believe he always would have been.


So today I was privileged enough to come across this song by Annie Morgan, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Annie, called "If you could see me fly".  Any mother that has lost a child will relate to this song.  It will definitely make you cry, but be honest, when talking about your child that is no longer on this earth, what doesn't make you cry, but I hope it brings a little smile to you heart like it did mine today.


I encourage you to listen to this song and I hope it brings a small ray of sunshine into your cloudy heart.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtpDv1EuNSU


 

No comments:

Post a Comment