Monday, July 25, 2016

"Friends"?

I'm sure most everyone has that one "friend" that seems to always want to control everything and everyone around them.  It's like it's their way or no way.  I've had them in the past, but that's where they are today, in the past.  I just do not have the energy or desire to continue attempting to have a friendship with people like that.


However, someone very close to me has this friendship and it's a long relationship and while I get why she doesn't or won't just walk away from it forever, I struggle to keep my mouth shut when I see or hear about her constant manipulation and controlling tendencies. 


Why is it there are people in this world that cannot accept that life or events don't revolve around them?  I'm starting to believe it is more about their insecurities than anything else.


So, today I heard about yet another situation where this "friend" not only manipulated this person I'm close to that will remain anonymous, but she also basically pushed herself right into another event and uses bribery to control the situation again. 


I know this person I'm close to loves this "friend" and has just always had her in her life and doesn't want to close that chapter forever, but for Pete's sake, really?  Again.  I just do not get it and maybe I never will.


Maybe I can be a bit cold hearted, but I'm really not.  I just see things from the outside in that don't feel or look right and it bothers me. 


I'm so grateful that my friends are really my friends and I don't have to deal with that stuff any longer.  It's a choice, so I guess if I had chosen to keep that in my life then I wouldn't be blogging right now, but I did make a choice to not allow that in my life any longer and it feels good, but it sure makes it stand out big time when I see it with others and especially for someone I'm close to.  Ok, I'm done (for now).

No comments:

Post a Comment